Partial exit is a feature that helps you manage your smallcase better. Through partial exit, you can exit your smallcase upto a desired value as opposed to a complete exit, where you sell all the stocks in your smallcase.
Partial exit places sell orders for stocks upto the specified amount, while ensuring minimum deviation in the weightage scheme of the smallcase.
You can partially exit your smallcase in 3 steps:
Select Exit Type
- Upon navigating to the ‘Manage’ section for a smallcase from your investments page, an overview of all that you can do with your smallcase will be displayed
- When you select the ‘Exit’ tab, you’ll be given the option of choosing between a whole/complete exit or a partial exit
Enter partial exit amount
- The current value of your smallcase will be displayed for your reference before you can go ahead with the partial exit
- In the amount section, the maximum amount upto which you can place an order for partial exit will be auto displayed. If you have a want to exit for a lesser amount, you can input this (You can see the maximum amount upto which you can partially exit under the amount box)
- Upon entering the amount, it will be adjusted to the closest possible amount to ensure that there are minimal changes in the weighting scheme
Review & Place orders
- After you confirm the specified amount, the sell orders that will be placed will be shown as a confirmation step
- Upon placing the partial exit order, you’ll be asked to ‘Confirm’ to place the trades
You can view the partial exit order for a smallcase under Orders as a separate batch