A Systematic Investment Plan is one where you can invest a fixed amount of money into your smallcase at specified time intervals. The SIP feature is aimed at aiding you in developing a disciplined investment habit and to subdue the impact of market volatility
Frequenctly Asked Questions:
If I have chosen SIP, will it automatically invest more into my smallcase?
No - SIP is more of a reminder to invest more. Once you choose to start SIP, you will receive an e-mail alert and an in-app notification when the SIP instalment is due, at which point you can confirm and invest theSIP instalment in just 2 clicks
What are the charges for starting SIP?
There are no additional smallcase charges for starting SIP
Can I start SIP for my saved smallcases?
You can start SIP only on smallcases that you have purchased. In order to start SIP for a saved smallcase, you would need to primarily purchase the smallcase and then start SIP for that smallcase
What is the amount I can invest through SIP?
The amount you can invest through SIP for a smallcase would be the same as the minimum investment amount for the smallcase at that point of time (since this is a real time figure). This amount cannot be altered
SIP Step by Step Guide:
To start SIP for a smallcase, it’s essential that you purchase the smallcase first. After doing so, you can start SIP for that smallcase
- Start SIP
- Clicking on the Investments tab will direct you to the smallcases you have purchased
- Upon reaching this page, click the 'manage' button for the smallcase you wish to invest in through SIP
- Under the Invest More tab, you will find the option to ‘Start SIP’
2. SIP specifications
- In the SIP overview pop-up, you will have to select a frequency and start date for your SIP
- The frequency of investing in SIP can be on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly basis
- The amount for investing through SIP is the same as the minimum amount to buy that smallcase at the current market price and cannot be altered
- Next, you will have to choose a start date for your SIP. Your SIP instalment due date will be calculated from this date depending on the frequency you have chosen
- The historical performance shows you an overview of what your investment would have amounted to at present, if you had invested the said amount through SIP for the past 3 years
- After going over the above mentioned things, you can then click on the Start SIP button
3. Confirm SIP
- Upon clicking ‘Start SIP’, you will be asked to confirm this action and informed that SIP acts as a reminder and does not automatically place orders on your behalf
4. Edit SIP
- After confirming investing through SIP, you can click on ‘Continue’ to complete the process (or) if you want to make any changes to the frequency or start date, you can click on Edit SIP (You are free to edit your SIP at any time)
- After navigating to the ‘edit’ section, you can change the frequency of your SIP and save changes or you can change the start date/due date of your SIP and then save the changes
- At the bottom, you have the option to ‘End SIP’, which ceases your SIP instalments for that smallcase (You are free to end your SIP at any time)